Tuesday 16 March 2010

Filming - Legal alien (second attempt) Part 1 Richmond Park

On 14th of March,
I met up with my actor(Ivan Ustenko), Myung and Mariam, we went to Richmond Park to film 'Legal Alien' again.

Mariam had less props this time, because it was too heavy however we did have enough to work with. The actor helped setting up the tent which took ten minutes, the props were placed differently because of two reasons; there were not enough props to make it work because the angle that I was filming in the first time needed the props to make it work so I needed to rethink all the shots and angles used by focusing on close ups of the character which hopefully not show the lack of  realism and still represent the genre which we were working with, also I was going to try something differently for the title sequence, the tracking shot of the trees in the beginning will build up more tention to the film which is very helpfull for the audiance to identify the genre and story line. When filming the first shot, I had to run up the hill while focusing the camera on the floor then track to the trees which will first, make the point of view look like its crawling and second, create a sence of significance to the trees. I had to repeat this tracking shot 5 times because we wanted to film the tracking shot of the trees, then follow the broken branches and then do the 360 degrees spin while focusing on the characters face being shown as a close up. I realised this was not working so I split the filming in sections and rely on the editing to match them all together. Finally when finished filming the tracking shot of the trees for the 6th time, I focused on the rest of the story board which went perfectly fine. Overall the filming was a success and all of us have high expectations of the outcome of this 2 minutes film.

Treeva Pasha

0 comments: